Every day is a day to give thanks to God! Every day is a day to be grateful for our blessings! Every day is a day to show and tell those around us that we love and appreciate them! And we especially seem to feel called to do this in November.
We are blessed in so many ways as a congregation:
· Freedom to pray and worship God
· Opportunity to gather at the Communion Table
· Christian Education for children, youth, and adults
· Commitment to social justice and inclusion of all God’s people
· Hospitality to the neighborhood and community
· Dedication to mission in our community and throughout the world
· Desire to feed people physically and spiritually
· Celebration of diversity
· Advocacy for environmental issues
· Opportunity to share this earthly journey with one another
· A great cloud of faithful witnesses who preceded us
Blessings can be planned or they can come unexpectedly. Many times I look at my day’s schedule and think I know what is going to happen that day. I think I know where I will be when and what I will be doing.
But God sometimes interrupts those plans with blessings that I could not even
imagine…an opportunity to sit with a bereaved family and hear the stories of their loved one . . . or a call to ride in the front seat with a parishioner as she learns to drive . . . or a call to accompany a child to a Scout meeting when the parents are otherwise
occupied . . . or a host of other serendipities.
So what’s on your list of blessings this day, this month, this year, this lifetime?
Every day is a day to give thanks to God!
Every day is a day to be grateful for our blessings!
Every day is a day to show and tell those around us that we love and appreciate them!