Labels

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Candice's Comments


What do I write to convey my feelings as I conclude my pastoral ministry with you and look toward retirement? How do I tell you how blessed I have felt to serve you as your pastor, teacher, servant, and friend? What do I say to thank you for welcoming me into your homes and hearts and lives? How do I say how blessed I have been to walk with you through the stages of your lives?

We have laughed and cried together. We have prayed and studied together. We have worshiped and sung and feasted at the Lord’s Table together. We have worked side by side on mission trips and stood in the baptismal waters together. We have discussed
issues passionately together.

Through it all, I trust that we faithfully served the God we love. I trust that we have been faithful to the ministry to which we have been called.

You were very courageous to call me as your pastor in 1998, the first Disciples of Christ woman senior pastor in the greater Des Moines area. Thank you for giving me the chance to serve.

The words to this song we sang at my Installation Service in March 1999, says it well:

Sister, let me be your servant,
Brother, let me walk with you;
Pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant too.

We are pilgrims on a journey,
Fellow trav’lers on the road.
We are here to help each other walk the mile and bear the load.

I will weep when you are weeping,
When you laugh I’ll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow till we’ve seen this journey thro’.

When we sing to God in heaven,
We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we’ve known together of great love and agony.

Brother, let me be your servant,
Sister, let me walk with you;
Pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant too.

                          Blessings and Love Always,
                               Pastor Candice

3 comments:

Jean Chen said...

What a wonderful writing, I love it so much and I want to thank you for sharing this to everyone.
Amazing Black Cloud South Bend Diesel Clutches

Jessie White said...

This is an eye opener, I like it so much

Amazing Omnipotech Cloud Computing Service

Arizel Damon said...

Can't help but to sing it too :)

Internet deals at New Jersey Kitchen Remodel