Labels

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Candice's Comments


On December 6, I will celebrate my 20th year of pastoring with you at Capitol Hill Christian Church. Thank you to all who had a part in the wonderful reception held on November 11 to acknowledge this anniversary. It was great to have colleagues, family, congregation, and neighborhood folks be welcomed with such hospitality.

Special thanks to the Community and Care Committee, Pastoral Relations Committee, Diaconate, and Elders for their leadership in pulling it all together. Many hands and hearts working together made for a beautiful event!

Thanks also for the many gifts and cards. With your cash donations, I look forward to purchasing a brick at the entrance to Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, MO, where my favorite baseball team, The Kansas City Royals, play ball. And I understand there is a DVD coming with more kind words and pictures. Thank you to all who participated! I am so blessed to serve Christ and this congregation!

As I anticipate the coming Advent and Christmas seasons, I am aware that not all are welcomed so kindly and so hospitably. Mary and Joseph were not welcomed so warmly when it was time for Jesus to be born. They did not receive a cookie and hot cider reception. They did not receive gifts wrapped with bows and glitter. They did not receive love and acceptance and warm embraces.

So as the holy seasons of Advent and Christmas approach, I wonder:
· Who might need the nourishment of a cookie or a loaf of bread or a warm drink?
· Who might need the gift of a winter coat or pair of gloves, a soft blanket or pillow, a visit or a letter?
· Who might be in need of a hearty welcome and a joyous reception?
· Who might be seeking hope, peace, joy and love in their lives?

I pray that we will look at the needs around us and respond with generosity, both now and always. May we extend God’s grace to all!

Blessings,
Pastor Candice

No comments: